November 19, 2012 in Uncategorized
After tonight’s incredibly delicious and supremely button-busting Drury RACA staff Thaksgiving potluck (I’d share my leftover green bean casserole and Oreo balls with all of you, but I DON’T THINK SO), we all sat in a circle and shared what each of us were thankful for. Most of us said we were thankful for each other, and while this was definitely true for me, there were so many other things I wanted to add to the conversation. Since I didn’t get a chance then, here’s a list in no particular order:
5. Being an RA, of course. Being an RA was by far the best decision I made while at Drury for countless reasons. I’ve met amazing people both on staff and in the residence halls, and graduation will be a bittersweet day purely because I’ll have to finally say goodbye to my family away from family.
4. Cats. Because my potential graduation present to myself is a cat and I’m excited about that snuggly prospect. That’s all I have to say about that.
3. Having job security while I still have a semester left in school. Who wouldn’t be thankful for that?
2. My education. Being college educated is one thing, but being Drury educated is another, plain and simple.
1. My relationships. Whether friends or family or miscellaneous persons or Ryan Gosling (that may be a pretend relationship, but it’s fine), I have such a huge network of support around me. Many of them will read this tonight or tomorrow and that just adds to me being thankful for them.
I’m also thankful for lentils at the Commons, any opportunity to snap an Instagram pic, lazy weekend days, and all the local business on C-Street and elsewhere in Springfield.
Comment and tell me what you’re thankful for! I’ll be back with another post soon, so stay tuned.
Now stay more tuned with this: